The campsite is set in the heart of the Champsaur Valley, 20 km north of Gap (Main city of the High Alps department), 500 m from the centre of the “Pont du Fossé” village (height 1130 metres). The fenced, flat and grassy 10 acre campsite , lies on the banks of the "Drac" River. It is comprises a grassy field and two shady pine tree forests.
4 star comfort. Supervised activities for children and adults.
Every Week : 2 free mountain hikes supervised by a qualified guide.
TV Room, Children's playground . Volley ball field .Table tennis room, 2 activity rooms. Mini-golf. Fishing.
- Marked pitches, of which 95% have a waterhookup.
- Electric hookup on every camp site.
- Leisure rooms (tv, reading, ironing,…).
- Individual toilets with hot water.
- Individual showers with hot water.
- Baby room with bath tub, shower, toilet and changing mat.
- Facilities for the disabled (toilet, shower, wash room).
- Stainless steel washing sinks and basins with hot water.
- Two laundry machines and a dryer
Tennis, Horse riding, Climbing school and cliff 1km away, adventure forest nearby. 22 acre Artificial lake 7km away. 18 Hole Golf 10 km away. Ice skating rink, Bowling, fitness centre, covered swimming pool in Orcières-Merlette 12 km away.
- A snack-bar, with take-away food: French fries, bread, ice cream, pastries, pizza, hot meals
- Drinks, gas and ice.
- Trout fishing pond , trout for sale.
- A grocery nearby (600 metres away)
You will be able to experience many different activities:
Not only will you be able to undertake medium and high mountain hikes, excursions, climbing, alpinism, paragliding and discovery of the fauna and flora but also tennis, horse riding and trout fishing, whie water sports are available on a 20 acre artificial lake 7 km away with swimming pools 12 km away and golf 14 km away.
Due to it’s geographical location, the valley benefits from an exceptional sunny and healthy climate.
The village offers 4 doctors, a chemist, many shops and an excellent Visitor's Centre including library, movie theatre and an office of the Ecrins National Park. Many activities are organised there.